THE FIRST CONGRESS OF THE NEW AZERBAIJAN PARTY
The first Congress of the New Azerbaijan Party was held in Baku city on 20-21 December 1999.
The agenda of the First Congress included:
1. Report on the activity of the NAP's Board;
2. On making of amendments to the Charter and the Program of the New Azerbaijan Party;
3. Report of the activity of the NAP's Central Control and Audit Commission;
4. Report of the mandate commission;
5. Election of the New Azerbaijan Party's guiding bodies;
6. Approval of the appeal of the I Congress of the New Azerbaijan Party to the people of Azerbaijan.
Mr. Heydar Aliyev, the President of Azerbaijan Republic, the chairman of the New Azerbaijan Party appeared in the congress. The I congress was joined by 2228 representatives elected from all party organizations embracing all districts of Azerbaijan and guests more than 30 from the aboard.